Inmate Release Coordinator
Other correctional personnel
Yavapai County Sheriffs Office - Camp Verde, Arizona
Jan 5, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Sep 30, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $18.30 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $22.33 hourly
Under close supervision, reviews all inmate admissions and connects those inmates with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders to treatment outside of the facility upon their release.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Advocates for inmates regarding substance abuse and/or mental health issues. Reviews all inmate admissions to identify possible disorders. Works cooperatively with inmates and practitioners to identify treatment options. Once identified, individually screens those inmates for service linkage outside the facility. Service linkage will consist of care coordination, access to medication, access to benefits (AHCCCS), peer support, and transitional housing.
- Interfaces and coordinates with Detention personnel regarding any coordinated release efforts.
- Partners with community health providers through participation in coalitions; advocates for the development of networks that assists and furthers linking services to inmates incarcerated who are suffering from substance abuse and or mental health disorders.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 2 years experience in a setting dealing with substance abuse or mental health issues
Experience: Two (2) years' experience in a setting dealing with substance abuse or mental health issues, preferably in a detention or correctional environment.