Florida Department of Corrections Lake Correctional Institution - Clermont (Lake County)
Jan 12, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $41,600.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $60,000.00 annual
- Supervision of inmates and inmate activity in detention facilities.
- Provides care and correctional treatment of inmates.
- Manages inmate holding areas.
- Ensures that inmates remain in custody.
- Transports and escorts inmates within secured areas according to relevant laws, policies, and procedures.
- Contributes to the maintenance of institution security.
- Performs searches on inmates and visitors.
- Checks mail for contraband, such as weapons or drugs.
- Prepares incident reports and other documentation.
- Enforces rules and regulations governing facility security, inmate conduct, and inmate accountability.
- Conducts accurate headcounts.
- Inventories inmates’ personal property and issues receipts.
- Break up physical confrontations and protect inmates and fellow officers from harm.
- Provides emergency assistance as needed, including but not limited to CPR, first aid, escape of inmates, and evacuation procedures.
Valid Driver's License
High School Diploma/GED
Social Security Card
- Age: 18+
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: Paid Training
18 Years of age
No felony convictions
Eligible to own/possess a firearm.
Possess a valid driver's license.
Hold a high school diploma or GED.
Sgt. Anthony Hampton