New Hampshire Department of Corrections - Concord, New Hampshire
Nov 14, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $$35,630.40 annual
- Top Pay:
- $$48,942.40 annual
SCOPE OF WORK: To supervise and organize work activities related to preparing and cooking food at a New Hampshire State Prison, for distribution to patient, residents and staff meals, working in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis while maintaining security.
· Supervise and coordinate other personnel in preparing and cooking food to serve to appropriate people. All meals must meet RDS Standards, ACA Standards and Special Diet requirements.
· Assigns work to cooks and other kitchen help to facilitate a clean, smooth running food service operation.
· Organizes and substantiates good cleaning practices, maintains sanitary conditions, upkeep of equipment and work areas to meet ACA Standards and State of New Hampshire Health Department Codes.
· Receives and checks foods and supplies for quality and quantity to be received into the kitchen stockroom for meal preparation and inventory procedures.
· Supervises and coordinates preparation of food for special diets for distribution to various units, residents and patients.
· Exercises direct supervision in training kitchen personnel in food preparation, personal hygiene and other sanitary practices to meet ACA Standards and New Hampshire Health Department Specifications.
· Documents and maintains food and supply inventories in storage areas for the purpose of food costs, proper distribution and monthly inventory.
Education: High School diploma or high school equivalency credential. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Four years' experience in large quantity cookery. Additional years of related work experience may not be substituted for the formal education required by this class specification.
License/Certification: None required.
Special Requirements: Successful completion of the Corrections Academy and continuing Certification as correctional line personnel as established by the certifying authority.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Four years experience in large quantity cookery