Senior Psychiatric Social Worker
New Hampshire Department of Corrections - Concord, New Hampshire
Nov 15, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $54,444.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $76,908.00 annual
SCOPE OF WORK: To plan, organize and supervise the scope and delivery of social work services and programs for offenders in the NH Department of Corrections, working in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis while maintaining security.
· Perform a complicated, detailed and involved assessment of a highly professional nature to gather sensitive background material from residents, family members, service providers, schools, guardians, legal professionals as indicated, as well as reading past clinical records to formulate a comprehensive psychosocial assessment in order to make clinical recommendations for interventions and aftercare needs.
· Supervise/train other clinical staff, unit counselors, students and volunteers in recognizing mental illness and suicide prevention as well as other areas of the mental health delivery system.
· Conduct mental health initial interviews which include review of potential suicidality, history of substance abuse and use of mental health services and assign mental health scores in order to receive appropriate care for residents utilizing the correctional mental health system.
· On the basis of an in-depth comprehensive psychosocial assessment, develop treatment goals, implement resident and family related interventions, as indicated, in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for ensuring that an ongoing discussion of discharge issues occurs with all the stake holders.
· Provide crisis intervention services including suicide assessments. Utilize interventions consistent with current research relevant to developmental, cultural and age/disability-specific needs. Gather information to analyze the efficacy of interventions and documents this in the clinical record.
· Consult with housing unit staff at the prison facilities to ensure continuity of care.
· Participate in Quality Improvement activities including participation in Performance Improvement teams to analyze our treatment practices, organizational structures, in order to enhance services and align with current best practices.
· Develop and participate in Mental Health Unit policy review to develop procedures for residents/patients.
· Establish and maintain highly sensitive contacts with a wide range of community agencies. Advocate to service providers and appropriate agencies to ensure that necessary community supports are available to facilitate development of an optimum discharge plan, which may include residential placement, return to general prison population, or other appropriate settings. The nature of these contacts requires exercise of considerable judgment and sensitivity, as the outcome can affect quantity and quality of services provided to patients and/or residents.
Education: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
Experience: Five years' experience involving psychiatric social work (mental, emotional or behavioral disorders) prior or subsequent to obtaining the graduate degree with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
License/Certifications: Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must be licensed as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) in the State of New Hampshire or eligible for licensure through reciprocity in the State of New Hampshire.
++CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE A 35% ENHANCEMENT ABOVE BASE SALARY++
An additional $1560 is paid annual for hazard duty pay which is not included in the salary
- Age: 18
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: 5 years experience