Criminal Justice Specialist - Part Time
Non-Sworn Law Enforcement Personnel
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office - Largo, Florida
Sep 13, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 5, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $15.28 hourly
Members perform work of a responsible nature related to security functions within the Judicial Operations Bureau. Work is performed in accordance with Sheriff’s Office rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Members are expected to work with some independence.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
• Monitors video and audio equipment, security gates and electronic doors, fire alarm systems, intercom/public address systems, and light circuit panels
• Assists in security at entrances and exits of various locations throughout Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office facilities by monitoring and conducting security screening of persons and items; to include inspection of property trays to identify prohibited items
• Monitors and operates X-ray machines to detect contraband entering the courthouse
• Assists public with information and working effectively with fellow members
• Escorts janitorial staff into restricted office areas throughout the courthouse
• Logs oncoming mail and packages and provides notification of delivery to Judicial staff
• Responds to emergencies to provide assistance and initiate emergency procedures based on standard policies or regulations
• Verifies that all non-uniformed Sheriff’s Office personnel and visitors are in possession of a Sheriff’s Office badge or a visitor’s pass, appropriately displayed
• Regular and reliable attendance is required as an essential function of the position
• This position may be considered essential and, in the event of an emergency or natural disaster, may be required to report to work
• Participates in Sheriff’s Office recruitment and community relations activities as directed
This position is located in the Courthouse at the Pinellas County Justice Center, 14250 49th St N., Clearwater, FL 33762.
Shift work required to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights.
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208
• High School graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education
• Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
• Consideration for this position requires a credit check
- Age: 18 years of age minimum
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: none
The physical abilities listed below are estimates of time spent during a typical work day to perform essential functions and responsibilities. Members in this position may be required to:
• Meet the minimum hearing and vision requirements as follows:
o Have 20/30 (or better) corrected vision
o Must pass hearing with less than or equal to 40 decibels in each ear under the frequencies: 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz
• Sit or stand up to 6 hours per day
• Walk up to 4 hours per day
• Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Occasionally bend and reach