Deputy Recruit - Detention and Corrections
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office - Largo, Florida
Jun 23, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2020
- Entry Level:
- $39,220.10 annual
Participates in the Detention and Corrections Academy sponsored by Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. During such time, members are required to maintain education and performance standards in all areas of training as defined by St. Petersburg College and Southeastern Public Safety Institute (SEPSI) in conjunction with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). Upon successful completion of the academy and receiving a passing score on the state exam, Detention Deputy Recruits will continue recruit training in high liability functions at the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. Position requires the member to work on rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• High school graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Dept. of Education or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education.
• Attainment of previous college credits from a regionally accredited college that includes English Comp I –OR- successfully pass the PERT administered by St. Petersburg College.
• Pass the Police Officer’s Screening Test administered by Human Resources.
• Pass the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office new hire physical assessment.
• Pass the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test for corrections.
• Successful completion of correctional training as required by the State of Florida.
• Upon completion of training, must obtain certification by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission as authorized by F.S.S. 943.13.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible.
Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
Please visit our website at https://www.pcsoweb.com/administration/human-resources/current-openings#CurrentOpenings for additional information and how to apply.
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208 or email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Upon completion of training, must obtain certification by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission as authorized by F.S.S. 943.13.