Pinellas County Sheriff's Office - Largo, Florida
Mar 14, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- May 15, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $33,762 annual
- Top Pay:
- $54,019 annual
The incumbent provides assistance to medical staff, within the scope of their certification, and provides care to inmates in a correctional setting, while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
• Schedules patients at the start of the day and modify schedules as necessary
• Conducts vital signs, height/weight, and obtains essential information for the chart • Prepares exam rooms in advance of the next patient
• Assists with patient examinations and treatments
• Performs basic laboratory procedures and collects routine laboratory specimens as directed
• Performs administrative duties including order transcription
• Utilizes diagnostic equipment as directed
• Regular and reliable attendance is required as an essential function of the position • This position may be considered essential and, in the event of an emergency or natural disaster, may be required to report to work
• Participates in Sheriff’s Office recruitment and community relations activities as directed
++This position works four (4) 10-hour days.++
* High School graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education * One (1) year experience as a medical assistant * Certified or Registered Medical Assistant in the State of Florida * CPR-Basic Life Support * Must possess a valid Florida driver's license * Data entry accuracy score of 80% * Typing speed of 25 wpm
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Graduation
- Experience: *See Qualifications
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: **[www.pcsoweb.com/careers**](http://www.pcsoweb.com/careers)
Any questions can be directed to _*_Human Resources at 727-582-6208 *__