Pinellas County Sheriff's Office - Largo, Florida
Sep 13, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 13, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $33,762 annual
- Top Pay:
- $54,019 annual
The member provides assistance to medical staff, within the scope of their certification, and provides care to inmates in a correctional setting, while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
• Schedules patients at the start of the day and modify schedules as necessary
• Conducts vital signs, height/weight, and obtains essential information for the chart
• Prepares exam rooms in advance of the next patient
• Assists with patient examinations and treatments
• Performs basic laboratory procedures and collects routine laboratory specimens as directed
• Performs administrative duties including order transcription
• Utilizes diagnostic equipment as directed
• Regular and reliable attendance is required as an essential function of the position
• This position may be considered essential and, in the event of an emergency or natural disaster, may be required to report to work
• Participates in Sheriff’s Office recruitment and community relations activities as directed
This position works four (4) 10-hour days.
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208
• High School graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education
• One (1) year experience as a medical assistant
• Certified or Registered Medical Assistant in the State of Florida
• CPR-Basic Life Support
• Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Age: 18 years of age minimum
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One (1) year experience as a medical assistant
Physical abilities listed below may have estimates listed of time spent during a typical work day to perform essential functions and responsibilities. Members in this position must be able to perform the following:
• Visual acuity of 20/30 vision standard in each eye; if corrective lenses must be used to satisfy 20/30 vision standard, uncorrected vision should be no worse than 20/100 in each eye
• Hearing acuity, single hearing levels should not exceed 25 decibels at either 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, or 2000 Hz nor exceed 30 decibels at 3000 Hz frequencies in each ear.
• Must be able to climb stairs for fire drills, Code 99, and other purposes
• Must have full range of motion to administer medical attention and perform CPR on the floor and in other confined areas
• Must be able to pass the annual skills assessment
• Sit up to 3 hours per day
• Stand up to 3 hours per day
• Walk up to 6 hours per day
• Continuously lift up to 10 lbs.
• Frequently lift up to 20 lbs.
• Occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Continuously bend, reach, or twist
• Occasionally squat or kneel