Public Safety Telecommunicator - Law Enforcement Dispatcher
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office - Largo, Florida
Sep 13, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Oct 5, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $41,706 annual
- Top Pay:
- $66,728 annual
The main focus of this position is to respond to both routine and emergency requests for service and information as the first point of contact for the public calling the agency for assistance. Requests for service and information from inside and outside the agency are screened to determine the most appropriate action to take whether dispatching of law enforcement, other agency responders, or routing the information via the computer and/or radio. Calls requiring the dispatch of law enforcement are monitored and supported by this position. Members exercise considerable independent judgment in determining the seriousness and immediacy of a situation and the most appropriate action.
Shift work required to include weekends, holidays, evenings and nights.
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208
• High School graduation or equivalent diploma from an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or licensed as a degree granting institution by the Commission for Independent Education
• Possess a current Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification in the State of Florida
• Or must be able to successfully complete classroom instruction and pass the State of Florida Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification Examination within 12 months of hire
• Typing speed of 25 wpm
• Achieve a minimum score of 80% on a Public Safety Telecommunicator exam
• Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Age: 18 years of age minimum
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: none
The physical abilities listed below are estimates of time spent during a typical work day to perform essential functions and responsibilities. Members in this position may be required to:
• Visual acuity of 20/30 vision standard in each eye; if corrective lenses must be used to satisfy 20/30 vision standard, uncorrected vision should be no worse than 20/100 in each eye
• Must pass hearing with less than or equal to 40 decibels in each ear under the frequencies: 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz
• Sit up to 7 hours per day
• Stand up to 1 hour per day
• Walk up to 1 hour per day
• Continuously lift up to 10 lbs.
• Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
• Occasionally bend, squat, reach, kneel and twist