LFUCG Division of Community Corrections - lexington, Kentucky
Jun 20, 2019
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 1, 2030
- Entry Level:
- $1 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $48813.00 annual
Provide the care, custody and control of a 1300 bed facility located in Lexington Ky. We are a direct supervision county jail. Applicants must successfully complete each component of the four phase hiring process to be considered for selection as a Community Corrections recruit. · Recruit applicant booklet form · Oral interview · Polygraph · Medical exam with drug testing process. all recruits must complete the training academy which develops officers over a 10-week period. The program combines classroom instruction and practical skills. Recruits get one-on-one training with a field training officer. @@ apply on line at www.lexingtonky.gov/departments/community-corrections
· The starting yearly base pay for officers is $32,000. ($15.38 per hour)
· After academy graduation the base pay moves to $34,234.62 ($16.45 hourly rate)
· There are overtime opportunities are available.
· There are shift differentials. Earn more by working 2nd or 3rd shift. $1 on 2nd shift and $1 on 3rd shift.
Yearly raises are based on the terms set forth in the collective bargaining agreement.
· Health insurance (individual or family coverage)
· Dental insurance (individual or family coverage)
· Vision insurance (individual or family coverage)
· Onsite fitness facility
· 25 year hazardous duty retirement
· Five weeks of leave time earned during the calendar year
· Life insurance
· Financial Planning
Active military personnel
Active military members will have 15 days of paid military leave.
College Tuition Reimbursement
Up to $1,200 per year tuition reimbursement is available which can be used after probationary status. This must be in
accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Age: 21
- Education: high school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience: none
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
· Must have an official birth certificate from State Bureau of Vital Statistics. (hospital/health department birth records
CANNOT substitute for this state document.)
· Must hold a valid driver's license.
· Social Security card.
· Have not been prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
· No convictions of a serious misdemeanor within 12 months before the application filing deadline date and during the
· No felony convictions.
· Have not used any illegal drugs or prescription medication in an illegal matter within 12 months during the hiring
· Have not been fired or forced to resign within 12 months preceding application.
· If you are former military, you will also need to provide a copy of your DD-214.
· Have not received a dishonorable discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions if having
served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States