Hennepin County - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jul 12, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 12, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $$41,600.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $$51,137.86 annual
++OPENING DATE:++ 04/07/21
++CLOSING DATE:++ Continuous
++JOB TYPE:++ Full-time
++LOCATION:++ Plymouth, MN, Minnesota
++DEPARTMENT:++ Community Corrections and Rehabilitation
Join the Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation's food services team at the Adult Correctional Facility as a Senior Cook! You will have the opportunity to expand your food services knowledge and experience and make a difference in the community by being a part a department with a mission to promote community safety, community restoration, and reduce the risk of re-offense. Location and hours: This position is located at the Hennepin County Adult Correctional Facility at 1145 Shenandoah Ln N, Plymouth, MN 55447. Work needs require employees to have flexible availability to work any time Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., including weekends and holidays. There is no public transportation to this location. About the position type: This position is full-time, benefit-earning. In this position, you will:
- Train, evaluate, and provide work direction to residents (inmates) and monitor their performance in a food service work program in the kitchen of the Adult Correctional Facility.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of main dishes, salads, and desserts, utensils, and ensure that recipes are followed according to standards.
- Maintain above-standard quality on all products through continuous quality checks and assist in maintaining sanitation of the kitchen and dining areas.
- Supervise the use and inventory of kitchen appliances, including equipment such as utensils and knives; monitor need for equipment repair.
- Keep inventories of food and supplies in food service and food used for reimbursement; review the quantities prepared and take appropriate action for overages and shortages.
- Request, receive, and account for food and supplies for service menu requirements.
Need to have:
- Three years or more of cooking experience in the food industry.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a ++Hennepin County Driver's Permit++.
- The ability to stand for extended periods and lift and carry up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ++ServSafe Certification++ or the ability to acquire certification within six months of permanent hire.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and skills in using a computer to access and enter data.
- Providing training and work direction to work program residents and kitchen staff.
- As a supervisor or lead worker.
- In food service in a prison, detention center, hospital, college, or military setting.
- Ability to:
- Operate industrial kitchen appliances and food service equipment.
- Manage problems and resolve conflicts using tact and diplomacy.
About the department:
The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation works to enhance community safety, promote community restoration, and reduce the risk of re-offense. Department staff and volunteers serve Hennepin County at more than 20 service locations ranging from correctional facilities to probation reporting offices and occupational training centers, delivering sustainable correctional services to more than 26,000 adult and juvenile clients. It is the largest community corrections organization in Minnesota. Learn more at ++www.hennepin.us/corrections++.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at ++www.hennepin.us/employees++.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Cook, Senior. Click ++here++ to view the job classification specification.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis. Posting will remain open until filled. Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience. Job offer will be contingent on passing a drug test, employment history/reference check, criminal background check including fingerprinting, and driver's license check prior to employment.
Under facility licensing requirements, positions at the County Home School and/or Juvenile Detention Center are required to undergo a Department of Human Services Background Study (MS 245C.13). Convictions for certain crimes will have an effect on your ability to be hired according to the disqualification schedule listed in Minnesota Statute 245C.15. Individuals convicted for any level of Criminal Sexual Conduct are disqualified from being hired into any position within the DOCCR under the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA). Other past involvement with the criminal court system will not automatically disqualify you from working at the DOCCR; individual circumstances are reviewed and evaluated confidentially. If you do not know your exact conviction information, you can refer to your sentencing order or contact the county where you were convicted.
- Age: No Age Requirement
- Education: See Additional Requirements
- Experience: See Additional Requirements
Need to have:
Three years or more of cooking experience in the food industry.
A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County Driver's Permit.
The ability to stand for extended periods and lift and carry up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
ServSafe Certification or the ability to acquire certification within six months of permanent hire.
Nice to have:
Knowledge and skills in using a computer to access and enter data.
Providing training and work direction to work program residents and kitchen staff.
As a supervisor or lead worker.
In food service in a prison, detention center, hospital, college, or military setting.
Operate industrial kitchen appliances and food service equipment.
Manage problems and resolve conflicts using tact and diplomacy.
Department of Human Resources Service Center