Strategy and Resource Manager
Juvenile Corrections Staff
Hennepin County - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Nov 16, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Nov 29, 2022
- Entry Level:
- $73,166.23 annual
The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking to fill a Strategy and Resource Manager position in the Juvenile Probation (JP) division. This position is responsible for the development and management of the Juvenile Probation budget, contracts/grants, and oversight of financial approvals. This position will also be responsible for the supervision of Juvenile Probation administrative staff and serve as a member of the Juvenile Probation Management Team.
Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Juvenile Justice Center at 590 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will typically be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Assistant, Principal. Click here to view the job classification specification.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive *$500 *toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
In this position, you will:
· Develop and manage the division budget.
· Prepare and present the annual budgets of Juvenile Probation.
· Review monthly Cognos revenue and expenditure reports and review other line-item details as needed, and complete year-end forecast information in COGNOS at least twice a year.
· Develop policies, procedures, and trainings for JP staff.
· Plan and assign work, administer, and enforce labor agreement and personnel rules, select, and develop staff.
· Plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate complex projects.
· Manage contracts and grants; approve requisitions and purchasing cards; administer Basic Needs and Incentive Funds (BSNI) and petty cash.
· Track all staff changes and create quarterly position management reports.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Nine or more years of experience in general administrative work related to the management of departmental/organizational operations or in a specialty area appropriate to the position.
o Bachelor's degree in business administration, behavioral science, corrections administration, criminal justice, public administration, or other field appropriate to the position *_and *_five or more years of experience related to the position.
*Nice to have: *
o Developing and presenting budgets.
o Simultaneously managing multiple projects, contracts, and grants.
o Grant writing.
o Working with youth and young adults in the justice system.
o Working with customers or clients from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
o As a lead worker or supervising a team of administrative staff working on complex projects.
o Leading projects.
o Working on the development, measurement, and reporting of program/area outcomes.
o Preparing and presenting complex reports and other materials to a variety of audiences.
o Managing contracts and grants.
o Using budget tracking systems such as APEX and COGNOS.
· Ability to:
o Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
o Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, senior level executives and managers; be a part of a team.
o Work effectively with an increasingly diverse client population.
o Recruit and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace and work environment.
- Age: 25
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 9 years or more