Jail Deputy Trainee
Collier County Sheriff's Office - Naples, Florida
Aug 16, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Jan 29, 2025
- Entry Level:
- $20.14 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $26.08 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $40.63 hourly
Examples of Duties:
- Operate local CJIS/CJNET terminal.
- Control/restrain/subdue inmates by the use of proper restraining holds, devices, or substances without causing undue pain or injury.
- Mediate and successfully resolve disputes between inmates and offenders utilizing the minimum force required, implementing or recommending the appropriate disciplinary action.
- Answer inmate questions in an objective professional manner, making no promises and referring unanswered questions to appropriate personnel.
- Verify inmate/suspect identification prior to movement or transport.
- Locate and confiscate unauthorized inmate property/weapons/contraband.
- Arrange and coordinate attorney/inmate visitation and other court related functions with appropriate legal personnel.
- Observe, document and report any unusual changes in inmate behavior.
- Notify designated persons during emergency situations, penetrations, escapes, security breaches, riots, fights, disorders, unusual activity, sabotage, pilferage or security violations.
- Prevent escape/attempt while supervising inmate outside of facility.
- Move inmates and/or supervise inmate transport.
- Respond to and report inmate grievances/complaints/injuries.
- Respond to officer down alarm.
- Administer first aid/CPR/AED.
NOTE: Complete job description available by request.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Jail Deputy Trainee
- *_Type: *_Full Time
- *Salary/Pay Rate: *$49,505 per year
- *_Posted Date: *_01/29/2020
No experience necessary! The Collier County Sheriff’s Office will provide academy training – a 13- week program held in Ft. Myers, Florida.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for positive, proactive, energetic, enthusiastic individuals that support our core principles of community, safety, service to fill the position of Jail Deputy Trainee. Starting annual salary $49,505.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School or G.E.D.
- Experience: No Experience Necessary!
- 18 years of age.
- United States citizen.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Crime free with no recent or extensive use of illegal substances.
- Good moral character.
- Ability to perform essential functions of a certified Jail Deputy.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to look beyond surface issues to identify and analyze problems and develop effective responses and solutions to resolve such problems.
- Shiftwork is required.