Other correctional personnel
Oklahoma Department of Corrections - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Dec 21, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $$38,328.16 annual
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to the construction, maintenance, repair or upkeep of buildings, grounds or other state property, requiring no license. This may include assisting in the construction or renovation of buildings, general maintenance and upkeep of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and other systems, minor repairs to machinery or other equipment, and general maintenance of grounds or lawns.
- Performs carpentry work in the construction or renovation of buildings or additions to existing structures; erects and maintains scaffolds, sheds, forms, frames, fences and other structures; alters and repairs doors, floors, partitions, stairways, windows, screens, and other fixtures; fits and glazes glass in windows and doors; maintains and repairs roofs.
- Installs, replaces, alters, maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, traps, faucets; makes minor repairs to laundry equipment, sterilization equipment, kitchen equipment and other equipment using water, steam air, or other feed line and return or waste disposal lines.
- Maintains and repairs light fixtures, receptacles and switches; replaces light bulbs; maintains generators and motors; oils and cleans motors; troubleshoots and makes electrical repairs not requiring a license; maintains and makes minor repairs to various types of heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, such as components, pumps, fans, humidifiers, electric motors, and heat exchangers.
- Installs and maintains locks and other security devices; repairs or replaces tumblers, springs and other parts; cuts new or duplicate keys; uses files, hand tools and special equipment to change combinations or shorten tumblers.
- Constructs, maintains and repairs concrete and other foundations; builds retaining walls, walks, fireplaces, chimneys, stairways and similar projects; mixes mortar and lays common brick, face brick, cinder brick, concrete block, stone, terra cotta or other materials.
- Operates, maintains and repairs various types of equipment used in construction and maintenance of building and grounds, such as trucks, tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, cranes or semi-trailer tractors, fork lifts, mowers and edgers.
At this level employees are assigned responsibilities for the supervision of workers engaged in building and grounds maintenance and repair operations or construction and renovation activities, including employees, inmates and others. This may include overall responsibility for a maintenance program which is small in size, scope and complexity or serving as an assistant to a higher level position in a larger maintenance program, with responsibility for one or more phases of the overall operation. Responsibilities also includes the inspection of buildings, premises, or equipment for needed repairs or maintenance, estimating costs for labor and material, determining equipment and personnel needs, making on-site inspections to evaluate work in progress, and preparation of various reports and other information concerning work activities.
++Education and Experience++
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of five years of experience in one or more of the building trades or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
++Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies++
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, fixtures, tools and equipment used in various building and maintenance trades; of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; and supervisory principles and practices. Skill is required to use various tools and equipment, and to construct, maintain or repair various types of structures or equipment. Ability is required to follow written and oral instructions; to supervise the work of others; to write and maintain records and reports; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Some positions may require that applicants be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with the position.
Some positions may require possession of a valid Oklahoma Commercial driver’s license with appropriate endorsements referred to in the United States Department of Transportation Title 47, Chapter 6, Section 101 et seq. at the time of appointment.
Some positions may require performing moderately heavy lifting or other manual tasks.
Some positions may require training or experience in a specific field of construction or maintenance work.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
- Age: No Age Restriction
- Education: See Job Description
- Experience: See Job Description