Oklahoma Department of Corrections - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Dec 21, 2022
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 11, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $Based on Education and Experience annual
Statutory – salary is based on education and experience.
Positions within this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing professional teaching work at the elementary or secondary level in a correctional institution or facility; applies special methods and techniques in the habilitation of inmates.
- Conducts classes in elementary or secondary school subjects, such as science, biology, English, social studies, mathematics, fine arts, commercial arts, practical arts and physical education; conducts classes in language and language development and speech and speech reading for special pupils.
- Plans and lays out courses of study for subjects taught; gives instructions; has a specific field or grade level; prepares and administers examinations; prepares various reports, such as progress reports, daily attendance reports and report cards.
- Devises and uses special instructional materials or teaching aids for subjects taught in regular elementary and secondary school programs; gives individual instructions, encouragement, counseling and guidance to students as necessary.
- Maintains classroom and corridor discipline; advises and assists in planning and supervising class and student club activities; prepares and grades examination papers; prepares reports on attendance, progress and capabilities of each pupil for administrative purposes.
- Attends teachers meetings and participates in the planning, scheduling and development of the school program.
- Maintains inventory of books and supplies.
- Participates in staff meetings and staff development training sessions; attends staffings to provide input on students’ progress.
This is the career level where incumbents are assigned to perform program delivery of educational programs to inmates at the full performance level. Incumbents at this level will not provide functional or direct supervision to others.
++Education and Experience++
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree and possession of a current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate.
++Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies++
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of modern principles, practices and materials in the specialized field of education; of the content matter in the area of instruction; and of accepted methods of teaching students with special needs. Ability is required to supervise and instruct pupils; to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and to develop and present a curriculum.
- Age: No Age Restrictions
- Education: See Job Description
- Experience: See Job Description