Other correctional personnel
Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (AZ) - Prescott, Arizona
Sep 21, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $16.43 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $24.71 hourly
Under limited supervision, prepare all hot food and desserts requiring on-premises cooking/baking for inmates, staff, and special needs diets. Oversee daily operation of large-scale food production manned by an inmate labor force.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Adheres to state and local standards, prepare nutritious appealing meals. Utilizes kitchen equipment such as tilt skillet, steam kettle, steam convection oven, electric slicers, ovens, and food processors. Utilizes and properly rotates any overproduction of food items. Prepare and document special needs meals including, but not limited to diabetic, allergy and renal.
- Accepts food deliveries; assists and supervises inmates with rotation and stocking.
- Assists the Food Services Manager with menu development and food ordering while staying inside budget constraints.
- Assists in training and managing kitchen staff and an inmate labor force.
- Supervises the cleaning of equipment and area after meals.
- Prepares reports; maintains records and inventories as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience: No Experience Needed
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license without restrictions.
Other Skills, Preferences
- All persons will be required to complete a thorough background investigation to include, but not limited to polygraph, psychological and physical fitness test.
- All persons must successfully complete a minimum six-month probation period.
- Working knowledge of food preparation and general food safety practices.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Apply and follow detention practices and procedures.
- Direct the activities of others.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate orally and by telephone with the public and employees in a face-to-face setting.
- Perform physical inventories.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Act with courtesy, tact, and diplomacy.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an institutional kitchen where exposure to hot cooking surfaces, sharp objects, electrical equipment, frequent exposure to temperature extremes, and loud noises is common. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Standing in and walking between work areas is frequently required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods.
- Capable of overhead lifting; ability to occasionally lift and carry items up to 40 pounds; push/pull medium to large size carts.
- Hearing and speech ability to communicate effectively in person and telephonically.
- Capable of frequent repetitive movement of arms, fingers, and wrists.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: No Prior Experience Needed