Detention Officer 1
Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (AZ) - Prescott, Arizona
Apr 18, 2023
- Application Deadline:
- Dec 31, 2023
- Entry Level:
- $22.94 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $22.94 hourly
Under general supervision, provides for the care, custody, and control of inmates.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Observes, controls, and supervises inmate activities.
- Maintains the safety and physical security of the facility, personnel, and inmates.
- Physically escorts inmates by vehicle or on foot.
- Processes inmate bookings and releases and maintains other Detention Records.
- Performs physical search of inmates and facility.
- Conducts inventories of detention facility supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Yavapai County Government offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to ++Full-Time++ employees ++working 30 or more hours per week++ that includes but is not limited to:
· 10 Holidays Per Year · Annual Leave · Employee Assistance Program (EAP) · Health Care Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision · Life Insurance · Long-Term & Short-Term Disability · Retirement Plans · Sick Leave · Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: No Prior Experience Needed
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Sufficient vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech ability to communicate effective in-person and telephonically. Capable of frequent repetitive movement of arms, fingers, and wrists. Ability balance, climb, kneel, bend, crouch, and to lift and carry up to 100 pounds. Performs work that requires good physical strength and condition to apply restraining techniques, defensive tactics, react to physical confrontations and emergency situations, may lift and/or carry people, supplies, equipment and/or other heavy, bulky items. May be required to physically restrain persons and effectively deal with stressful and potentially life-threatening emergency situations.