Yavapai County Sheriff's Office - Prescott, Arizona
Jun 10, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Aug 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $19.97-24.37 hourly
Responsible for the care, custody and control of inmates.
Major Duties, Responsibilities
- Observes, controls and supervises inmate activities.
- Maintains the safety and physical security of the facility, personnel, and inmates.
- Physically escorts inmates by vehicle or on foot.
- Processes inmate bookings and releases, maintains other Detention Records.
- Performs physical search of inmates and facility.
- Conducts inventories of detention facility supplies.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Analyze situations, detect problems and facts.
- Communicate effectively orally and by telephone, verbally and in writing with public and employees in a face-to-face setting.
- Observe or monitor objects, data, and/or behavior to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Physically restrain detainees.
- Respond to emergencies or stressful situations calmly, quickly and decisively.
- Work rotating shifts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
Experience: Must successfully complete a 12 week Facility Training Program within first 12 months.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Must have completed an approved detention academy.
Other Skills, Preferences
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the county for the purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, making reports, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time. Possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license. Required to complete a polygraph, psychological and physical fitness test and be 18 years of age at the time of hire. This position is subject to a flexible work schedule based on a work period of 80 hours worked within a 14 day period pursuant to Section 207 (k) of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please go to YCSOJOBS.COM to apply
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Must successfully complete a 12 week Facility Training Program within first 12 months.