Pennington County Sheriff's Office - Rapid City, South Dakota
Jan 20, 2021
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $22.80 hourly
The beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota is calling you to join the Pennington County Sheriff's Office. We enjoy mild winds, low humidity, great outdoors activities and the support of our public safety friendly community. The Correctional Officer position within the Pennington County Sheriff's Office has an entry-level hourly rate of pay of $22.80, 8% retirement match, health care options for you and your family, lots of other voluntary benefits options and no state income tax!
The Pennington County Sheriff's Office provides Correctional Officers the option to work 12-hour shifts, has onsite paid on-the-job and advanced training. We also offer a full time wellness coordinator.
Our adult correctional facility is nationally accredited housing up to 600 inmates in a direct supervision cell block environment.
- HS Diploma or GED Required
- Must be at least 20 years of age at time of employment offer.
- (upon hire) Successful completion of the initial 120-hour training program.
- (upon hire) Successful completion of the 240 correctional officer on-the-job training program.
- (upon hire) Successful completion of Oleorsin Capsicum (OC) Spray Certification and Taser as required.
- No felony conviction or domestic violence conviction.
- Must meet minimum hiring assessment standards to include: physical agility, written, criminal and character background, psychological and medical exams.
- South Dakota Driver’s License within 90 days of moving to South Dakota.
- The Sheriff has the discretion to waive any of the above requirements.
- Age: 20
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None Required