Deputy Sheriff; Marion County Sheriff's Office (OR)
Marion County Sheriff's Office (OR) - Salem, Oregon
Oct 6, 2020
- Application Deadline:
- Mar 31, 2021
- Entry Level:
- $Varies hourly
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is building an ongoing eligibility list for current and future Deputy Sheriff positions in community corrections and in institutions:
Job Classification: Deputy Sheriff - Community Corrections - Trainee & Certified Job Classification: Deputy Sheriff - Institutions - Trainee & Certified
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is a full-service law enforcement agency consisting of four operational divisions: Community Corrections, Enforcement, Institutions, and Operations. The Sheriff's Office is committed to the delivery of quality services. Each member of the team is encouraged to participate in delivering progressive and cost-effective law enforcement services to the public.
THREE STEPS TO MOVE FORWARD
1. Applicants must complete ONE of the following academic proficiencies:
- Recent (within the past twelve months) FrontLine test or REACT test with National Testing Network (NTN). - Possess a four-year, post-secondary degree issued by an accredited, degree-granting college or university recognized by the Oregon Office of Degree Authorization under the provisions of ORS 348-604. - Successfully completed training resulting in the award of Basic Corrections certification from the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST).
2. Applicants must complete ONE of the following physical proficiencies
- Recent (within the past twelve months) Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT) completed time from an Oregon Law Enforcement organization or authorized testing agency (NTN).
- Recent (within the past twelve months) Physical Abilities Test (PAT) completed time from a Military or Law Enforcement related source.
- Successfully completed training resulting in the award of Basic Corrections certification from the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST).
3. Applicants must complete the NEOGOV (Marion County Sheriff's Office) application.
TEST SCHEDULING Instructions
1. Go to ++www.nationaltestingnetwork.com++ 2. Search for jobs by profession: CORRECTIONS 3. Select the agencies you wish to apply for 4. Schedule a Test (TEST CENTER OR VIRTUAL TEST)
For more information visit https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: See job description
National Testing Network Support