Spotlight: STVS customizable scanners create safer communities
Secure Technology Value Solutions’ line of contactless, compact and non-radiation scanners reduce time-intensive physical searches
Company name: Secure Technology Value Solutions (STVS)
Headquarters: State College, Pennsylvania
1. Where did your company name originate from?
Our customers count on us to provide advanced and reliable security technologies and solutions with a low total cost of ownership. Our name reflects the trust we have earned.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
We have all worked in various security and administrative roles at correctional facilities throughout the U.S. We know the unique challenges the industry faces, and have tailored our solutions and services to meet those challenges.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Our family of contactless body scanners gives all facilities the ability to implement a robust security program. STVS body scanners are engineered in many sizes, with multiple views, and with customizable software and service to meet the individualized requirements of each facility.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the corrections community?
Body scanners are essential to prevent contraband smuggling by inmates, employees and visitors. Technological advances mean this can be accomplished without physical contact and, in some cases, ionizing radiation – reducing staff and time intensive as well as potentially dangerous physical searches.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Getting the message out that grants (and sometimes other funding) are available – and that we help our customers with this and other vital parts of the process including writing a legally sound policy on using body scanners.
6. What makes your company unique?
We are all former corrections officers and have designed our solution and service offerings specifically for the corrections industry.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
The ease of use, reliability, and service options ensure minimal downtime.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first corrections community?
We get to see every day the impact our solutions have – namely creating safer communities.
9. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
This year we released the HT3000DV – our most compact body scanner designed to fit in all operational environments. Moving forward, we will continue to work on more customizable body scanners, including non-rad and other options.