The Health & Wellness resource center, brought to you by Corrections1 and Cordico, offers news and information that helps individuals and agencies address behavioral health.
Learn more about Cordico’s wellness technology for first responders here.
Better sleep is the best first responder countermeasure to shift work and fatigue
If approved, commissioners said it will help send the message to correctional officers that “we have their back”
Say what you want about millennials, but they have healthy attitudes toward work-life balance in public safety; we should follow their lead
The contact-free system uses radar technology to monitor patients’ vital signs by responding to the tiny vibrations in their bodies created by the movement of their heart and lungs
The FirstNet Health and Wellness Coalition leads efforts to enhance first responder mental wellness through comprehensive strategies and policy changes
Dr. David Black and Jocko Willink explain why it’s important to take your wellness into your own hands
In 2022, the agency received the NLEOMF’s Destination Zero Officer Wellness Award – learn about the key elements of their program
Why fostering mental wellness in correctional officers is paramount for a safer society
“I consider meditation as a form of elite cognitive training. These positive impacts are especially transformative for first responders.”
- Book Excerpt: ‘Super-Charge Your Stress Management in the Age of COVID-19’
- Prison reform and staff wellness are inextricably linked
- Calif. COs to get raises, $10K retention bonuses for work at ‘hard-to-keep/hard-to-fill’ prisons
- The challenges facing jails and prisons in 2021
- ‘Toughing it out’ is not the only option for corrections professionals