Spotlight: ARC Tactical Development committed to providing advanced training skills to COs
The company's training methodology is based in the latest psychomotor learning science and increased information retention for the learner
Company name: ARC Tactical Development
Signature Product: Dynamic Cell Extraction Course
1. Where did your company name originate from?
In corrections, we have to respond to critical incidents quickly and appropriately. Without training, officers either will make the wrong call or they'll make the correct decision but too slowly. ARC stands for advanced response concepts. The idea is: with training, we can respond with the correct decisions automatically.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
When I first started in corrections, I recognized quickly that the corrections community was significantly underrepresented in the training and tactics world. With the group of instructors, advanced tactics and training methodology, my goal is help bring new resources to the corrections community.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Our most popular class is our Dynamic Cell Extraction Course. We focus on a team tactics approach that allows for increased communication and smarter decision making under pressure.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the corrections community?
Corrections agencies and officers need training from skilled professionals in the disciplines that affect our community the most. We offer a variety of different classes, but we also have "train the trainer" programs to help develop in-house instructors.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Corrections officers have had to make the most out of what they have for so long. Some agencies don't recognize the value of training. Once an agency attends one of our courses, they are inspired to improve themselves further.
6. What makes your company unique?
This is a training company designed specifically for corrections agencies and officers. Our instructors have taken nationally recognized best practices and paired them with proven tactics. With ARC Tactical Development, you won't get a watered-down patrol class – you get a course for corrections that is both applicable and relevant.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
The most common feedback we've received is that the environment we create for our classes is laid-back, fun and conducive for learning. Our training methodology is based in the latest psychomotor learning science and increased information retention for the learner.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
When I get a call or an email from an officer that attended one of my classes saying that the skill, technique, or tactics worked for them in a dangerous situation, it is incredibly rewarding.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share with our users about you or your company?The control tactics that we use come from several systems. One of these systems comes from Guru Dan Inosanto, the training partner of Bruce Lee.
10. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
The next goal for ARC Tactical Development is to bring our courses beyond the Pacific Northwest and share our system nationally!