Body-worn cameras (BWCs) have become essentially universal in policing. The benefits of a BWC program – improved transparency, accountability, safety and reduced liability – apply in corrections facilities as well.
BWC video can also be an invaluable resource in providing documentation of real-life situations to learn in a controlled training environment.
The lessons learned by police agencies can ease the transition to BWCs for correctional facilities and correctional officers.
To help correctional facilities stay up to date on the procurement process and the evolving applications of bodycam technology, this package highlights what facilities need to know about body-worn cameras in 2023 and beyond.
- Teen who killed Pamela Smart’s husband freed 25 years later
- Juveniles trying to escape La. youth jail beat CO with pipe, ripped out cameras
- Man sentenced to death in 2019 killing of Ala. officer on drug task force
- 15 prison tattoos and their meanings
- Wash. corrections officer injured after inmates coordinate attack