Spotlight: GUARDIAN RFID's technology built and deployed to support America's corrections officers
From inmate tracking and cell checks, to Cloud-based business and artificial intelligence, the company digitally transforms jails, prisons and juvenile detention facilities
Company name: GUARDIAN RFID
Headquarters: Maple Grove, Minn.
Signature Product: SPARTAN 3
1. What is your signature product and how does it work?
The SPARTAN 3, which is a device that runs Android 10 and is powered by Mobile Command – the most trusted and widely deployed mobile inmate tracking system in the U.S. Its key features include:
- Capturing high resolution video and audio with assets securely synced to the Cloud.
- Two long-lasting hard-pack batteries and charging cradle.
- Integrated mobile device management (MDM) that delivers high-security while supporting remote connectivity and software update rollouts.
- Sleek design that delivers the most portable rugged SPARTAN ever made, while making it easy to stow and operate.
2. Why do you believe your products are essential to the corrections community?
Our motto is “One Team One Mission.” Our world-class technology is built and deployed to support the care, custody and control mission-set of America's corrections warriors.
GUARDIAN RFID's mission is to build and deploy Systems of Engagement and Insight to protect America’s thin gray line. From inmate tracking and cell checks, to Cloud-based business and artificial intelligence, we digitally transform jails, prisons and juvenile detention facilities of every size.
3. What makes your company unique?
We have 200+ years of combined corrections experience within our team. Corrections professionals from coast-to-coast leverage GUARDIAN RFID to increase productivity, communication and mitigate risk using corrections' most powerful Command & Control platform. Every minute. Every hour. Every shift.
Core Values of GUARDIAN RFID: Communication, trust, dedication, respect, innovation and our penultimate value: warrior-led. We aim to manifest and amplify these values in ways that transcend the reach of GUARDIAN RFID.
4. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Here are some quotes regarding success stories:
- "We wanted a product that would give us full accountability,” says jailer Jamie Mosley of the Laurel County Correctional Facility. “The GUARDIAN RFID system gives us so much more accountability than we had before. Knowing that GUARDIAN RFID has staff with correctional background, you can really see that in the software development and how easy it is to use the SPARTAN device,” says Lt. Shawn Davis of Laurel County Correctional Facility.
"The sheer amount of paperwork each officer is responsible for, added to the physical tasks staff have to do each day, was burdensome to our officers," said Lt. Jeffrey Jackson, DeSoto Co. Sheriff's Office (Hernando, Mississippi.) DeSoto Co. Jail, with an average daily population of 366 inmates, uses GUARDIAN RFID to optimize their ACA accreditation, strengthen their defensibility, and maximize staff accountability to automate cell checks, programs attendance, meal offerings, supply passes and more in real-time.
- "Inmates are people who just made different decisions. We try to help them make better decisions, or avoid the pitfalls that got them here in the first place," says Lt. James Messer, Chief of Security. "Since Sheriff Scotty Rhoden took office in 2017, the Baker Co. Sheriff's Office (Macclenny, Florida) has identified tools and technology that save money, and make a positive operational impact in a wide variety of safety and security use cases, from security rounds and cell checks to headcounts, including GUARDIAN RFID's Command & Control platform."
5. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety or the community? Tell us more.
The Warrior Foundation, in partnership with GUARDIAN RFID, AWS, Securus Technologies and GTL, has distributed roughly 250,000 N95, KN95 and surgical masks to U.S. correctional facilities hardest hit by COVID-19.
Supporting members of the thin gray line, and their families, is critical to the charter of the Warrior Foundation. Correctional professionals’ sacrificial and heroic efforts are unseen. The simple truth is corrections professionals play as critical role to public safety and law enforcement as their more conspicuous counterparts. Their work is hidden by walls designed to protect us. The Warrior Foundation will shine a light on these silent heroes of public safety, while providing financial support during times of crisis.
GUARDIAN RFID is a company known for its commitment to excellence and high quality. The Warrior Foundation shares this DNA, and will aspire to be a best-in-class corporate philanthropy that upholds high standards of integrity, while building partnerships with other parties and organizations that can help the foundation execute its mission-set.
6. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
VISION 22 is the must-see livestream event of 2022. During this event, GUARDIAN RFID will walk you through revolutionary technologies unlike anything you've seen before, as well as the latest GUARDIAN RFID products and services. The event includes virtual breakout sessions moderated by GUARDIAN RFID subject matter experts all focusing on ways to maximize safety and security, and Getting your Team Home Safe. This event is for corrections, law enforcement and media only. Registration is free with a valid government or media email address.