Policies are the foundation for all operations in corrections. From inmate due process to report writing, policies set expectations, provide guidance, and protect correctional staff and facilities. This section highlights how correctional facility policies play out in the real world, while also connecting you with best practices for drafting, updating and ensuring accountability with policies.
- Teen who killed Pamela Smart’s husband freed 25 years later
- Juveniles trying to escape La. youth jail beat CO with pipe, ripped out cameras
- Man sentenced to death in 2019 killing of Ala. officer on drug task force
- 15 prison tattoos and their meanings
- Wash. corrections officer injured after inmates coordinate attack