The Public Perceptions topic page gives corrections spokespeople the tools and techniques to increase effective communications with various media entities and help shape the public’s perception of the prison system.
“I wanted to uplift them and give them some classical inspiration with a little bit of the free world,” said the director of the women’s prison seminary.
As jail administrators, the media is only our enemy if we let them be
According to a recent report, a lot more needs to be done to support the vast majority of COs who do their jobs well
There’s no better time than National Correctional Officers Week to recognize the dedication of correctional personnel working in our nation’s jails and prisons
A Sunstar paramedic was denied service after being told by an employee “we don’t serve officers in here”
Here’s how we can defend corrections at a high level
Judge Tracey Flemings-Davillier said she made the decision “due to the court having received repeated threats”
Labor union MCO is taking steps to lift up the achievements of members and CO supporters
Working with sex offenders presents unique stressors for mental health workers
The therapy was developed in response to the high rate of trauma and suicide rates within the combat veteran community
- Teen who killed Pamela Smart’s husband freed 25 years later
- Juveniles trying to escape La. youth jail beat CO with pipe, ripped out cameras
- Man sentenced to death in 2019 killing of Ala. officer on drug task force
- 15 prison tattoos and their meanings
- Wash. corrections officer injured after inmates coordinate attack